Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2300 PR Thoughts

The New York Yankees, you either love them or you hate them. I grew up in a house where my father basically paid tribute to the Yankees through worship. Recently the Yankees have built a new stadium, a tender spot in my father's heart and many other loyal fans who miss the "House the Ruth built." This morning in the Herald Journal I saw an article about how the "Yanks slash ticket prices." My first reaction was that their PR group must be trying to boost the image of the new stadium. Upon further review I see that they have struggled to fill their seats, yes that is right the Yankees are not getting sold out games.

They have slashed ticket prices already this season and plan on slashing nearly 6500 seats prices next season. This is huge change, one that needs to be explained. However the "Yankees president Randy Levine declined comment on the changes," according to the article in the Herald Journal. Now, I do not claim to be the "top dog" in PR by any means, but even I know that if you do not comment on an important matter, especially in NEW YORK, you leave the door open to criticism and media greif.

If I were the PR group I would organize a statement ASAP, get the word out. Explain how you are slashing prices to help the local community and fans of the Yankees. Trust me, there are tons of Yankee fans. Personally I am an Atlanta Brave fan, but I would love to read an article of how the Yankees were caring about their fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment