Monday, October 26, 2009

2300 PR Thoughts

Hunting has always been a passion of mine. I stumbled across a press release that caught my attention because it had a picture of two big elk. However, as I began reading the press release I got bored. It did not grab me. The titles states, "High-End Hunting Operation Auctions Free Range Elk Hunt on eBay," ok so it gets the message across. They got the crucial information at the top, so anyone would know that they were selling a hunting trip to 6 hunters. The problem I have is the starting bid was set at $36,000.00 and the wording was bland. If you want people to spend a good portion of money, make it interesting. The first line should jump out, grab you, shake you, and get your emotions running in a way that you feel you cannot afford to pass up something like this.

In many circumstances I have emailed links such as this to older individuals that I know. Seeing how I am still fairly young and happen to not have the financial backing for this kind of adventure. Yet, I did not email this to anyone. I was not sold. Now like I said at the beginning, hunting is a passion of mine. I grew up hunting deer, elk, all types of upland game, fishing, etc. It should have been easy to sell me on this, but it did not. If I were the one writing a press release for an event like this I would simply get a killer first paragraph. Something that would relate to a hunter, but help a non-hunter feel like it is an adventure worth taking. It would go something like this.

Someplace, CO - Deep in the beautiful mountains of Colorado, six lucky hunters will have the opportunity to hunt some of the biggest and best looking elk that hunters usually only dream about. Staying at Grizzly Camp the highest bidding group will experience the great outdoors in a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Obviously this is just an example of a draft, there are better ones out there. There just needs to be something with substance. To view the press release I am referring to visit the following website. http://www.pr.com/press-release/185689

No comments:

Post a Comment