Monday, October 26, 2009

2300 PR Thoughts

I love gatorade, if powerade is cheaper I buy it, but what about HYPR sports drink? I had no idea what this was until I read one of their press releases. Here is the link, http://www.pr.com/press-release/179830.

Overall, this is well done press release. It gets to the point, it grabs you and tells you why it is the only sports drink, "specifically targeted to high endurance athletes." Ok, thank you for telling me this, but what about Gatorade. Anytime I think of a sports drink for athletes I automatically think of Gatorade, and sometimes Powerade. The formulas they have come up with are "targeted to high endurance athletes." Unless you think that Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, and basically any sports star is not a "high endurance athlete."

I am not saying that this new drink is not better, or even that they are not telling the truth. The thing is, they need to persuade me, and any sports fan, that they are better than Gatorade. If they are not better than Gatorade then tell why their strengths can match or exceed Gatorades.

In the press release we can see they used examples from 'Cal Poly' a university that is known for good sports team. However, do they really compare with the 'Florida Gators' which is where Gatorade was 'discovered.' I admire the way this company is going about their business, but it worries me that they are avoiding the Sports Drink Giant! I know that big companies and organizations are intimidating to small businesses that are just starting out. However, if you say stuff like "HYPR Sports Drink™ is the only sport drink using a unique combination of carbohydrates together with a blend of electrolytes and anti-oxidants specifically targeted to high endurance athletes." you had better have some more evidence to back up the fact that it is the "ONLY sports drink" that has those qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment