Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2300 PR Thoughts

Today I saw a commercial for Subway/Sunday Night Football. Brilliant! My first thought was, wow I am hungry. My second thought was, that Subway is smart. Sunday Night Football is on the rise. For years Monday Night Football as been the premiere game of the week, that all changed when it went to ESPN rather than NBC. NBC countered with coming up with awesome games on Sunday night, this season has been spectacular. Each game I have watched on Sunday nights have been exciting, exillerating, and action packed. Subway, which is a multi-billion dollar organization, wisely jumped on the ship. Knowing that millions of Americans watch football on the weekends, Subway increased their awareness and advertising by at least ten fold. The commercial was funny, it had a little jingle that went with it. Jared, Subway's hero, was even in there.

It is awesome to see PR/Advertising at its best. I have put Subway on my top 10 list for PR geniuses. Here is my list for reference.

1. Gatorade
2. ESPN
3. Subway
4. Cabella's
5. AT & T
6. Great Value
7. Wrigley's
8. Verizon Wireless
9. NBA Playoffs (Where Amazing Happens)
10. Toyota (Prius)


Here is the link to a press release announcing the merge of the two organizations, http://www.rimag.com/article/CA6699715.html?industryid=48494.

No comments:

Post a Comment