Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2300 PR Thoughts

As you can see in my blogs there is a sports theme for many of my thoughts. I love sports! Sometimes my wife wonders how someone can love sports so much, nearly every night I am watching, checking scores, or talking about some sporting event or game. Recently I have been involved in the Major League Baseball playoffs. In fact, I even prepared myself for the playoffs by playing a season on my Xbox 360. Crazy, right? Not to me, and when an umpire makes a bone head call ny face goes red, I get angry and all worked up. Some say it is an attitude problem, however I think it is just a fun part of loving sports.

As I was cruising around ESPN's website, www.espn.go.com I found an interesting article that I agree with whole-heartedly. It is simple, when technology advances the game must follow. For example, the video surveillance for TV and other sources of information outlets help the fans see plays much better than an umpire who has to make a split-second decision. This post-season has been outrageous. There have been calls that very well could have altered the way things turned out. I am not arguing that the Yankees or the Phillies do not deserve to be in the World Series. They are clearly the two ball clubs playing the best ball right now. I just think that "Americas Favorite Past Time" could be enjoyed much better if the calls were made right. Obviously 100 percent of the calls cannot be reviewed and made perfect, but it can make a difference. Go to this website and see for yourself! http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4598071&sportCat=mlb

No comments:

Post a Comment